Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Love the Holidays

...especially the obscure ones.

Today is National Bundt Cake Day!  How are you celebrating?

My Lemon Bliss Cake.  It tastes better than it looks.

I don't know where this holiday came from, and I don't care.  All I know is that it's an excuse to bake something bad for me in one of my favorite pans (though it's a love-hate relationship today, alas), and ogle the lovely and inspiring* blog of The Food Librarian as she bakes her way through an entire month of cakes in tubular form**.

As I'm lazy and didn't want to make an extra trip to the grocery store, I chose a recipe that I already had the ingredients for - King Arthur's Lemon Bliss Cake.  It's fairly easy and very yummy***, but I have one caveat: the recipe says to merely "lightly grease" your tube or bundt pan.  Against my own better judgement, I followed those instructions, and it stuck, which is why you should not look at my picture above, but rather at The Food Librarian's version, which is much prettier.  In reality, I should have ignored the "lightly grease" part, and should rather have buttered the heck out of the pan and then thoroughly floured it.  Lesson learned.

Much prettier on the inside.  And tastier.

So, go!  Bake something decadent and eat it, just because you can!


* And totally diet-destroying.  Do NOT attempt on an empty stomach.

** Also, the slogan "I Like Big Bundts" cannot be improved upon.  Go ahead and try, I dare you.

*** Sweet, lemony, and slightly sticky.  Good stuff.  I expect it will make an excellent breakfast.


2 comments:

  1. We made the same bundt! My mistake was not putting enough of the glaze on top...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bundt! I made this one for National Bundt Day as well and really loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete